THE SEARCH FOR THE BEST WIRELESS ROUTER
Our day and age now has evolved into a highly technologically dependent one, where information and access to the digital world is accessed in the palm of our hands.
Technology has turned those huge machines with wires snaking in and out of it, into tiny handheld devices that have gotten rid of those wires and pick up radio signals instead.
This is where wireless routers come in, and choosing the best wireless router is key to your satisfaction.
What Is A Wireless Router
The youth today may have never experienced the dial-up modem anymore and the weird sounds emanating from it when connecting because of the development of these wireless routers.
A wireless router, in the simplest form of explanation, is a device that allows you to connect to the internet or a local area network.
Unlike previous routers, these ones don’t utilize wires that you connect to your device, rather they read radio signals in the air.
What Are Some Good Wireless Routers
- BT Smart Hub – for customers subscribed to the BT Infinity Broadband. It has seven antennae to reach a wider range compared to other routers.
- Virgin Media Super Hub 3 – this third version has a market-leading 200Mbps Wi-Fi making internet access on multiple device child’s play.
- Sky Q Hub – it can send signals to a connected Sky Q TV box so you can easily stream on your television.
- TalkTalk Super Router – this has the same features as the others, and you can switch signals for reliable connection
- Asus RT-AC88U – one of the most aesthetically pleasing routers that come with 8 Gigabit LAN ports
- Netgear Nighthawk R7000 – This one costs under $200 and has on five gigahertz band which performs well for an affordable router.
- D-Link DIR 890L – coming from a reputable company with a lot of experience on networking products with a really good range for Wi-Fi.
- Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 – also running on 5 gigahertz band with really powerful hardware compared to other routers.
- Asus RT-AC3200 – another from a known brand with a lot of features for those who are very much into networking
- Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena – works well with multiple devices connected to it.
When buying and selecting your wireless router, be sure to know more about its features and if it is compatible with your devices so that you won’t run into problems in the future. You can also check out some reviews online for more information on the product or ask the store clerk all about it.
There are plenty of wireless routers out there that you can find rather quite easily with most having some form of reviews you can check online. Wireless routers continue to upgrade and update with the future technology so select a router that has all the requirements you will need from it.
TIPS TO FIND THE BEST WIRELESS ROUTER
Wireless routers are available in almost every computer shop you go to with just as many if not even more available online that you can purchase and order and have delivered straight to your doorstep. With so many options available, it can get quite hard to choose the best wireless router that will make you happy and satisfied, so here are some things you should consider in order to help you make a decision about which to get.
Tips For Choosing A Wireless Router
- 11AC Gigabit Wi-Fi Support – these types of routers offers up to 1300 Mbps for super fast connection and Wi-Fi speed
- Check reviews – go online and check for reviews on the product to see what users have to say about it
- Buy from a place that offers returns – there’s a chance you won’t be happy with your router so consider buying from a place where you can return or exchange the product just in case
- Get to know all of the features and highlights of the product. Make sure that it is compatible with your devices and if there are speed boosts, that your specific device will benefit from it.
THREE STEPS TO THE BEST WIRELESS ROUTER
Buying a wireless router can be a tricky task because of all the available products out there in the market. It can be tough to decipher which one is the top pick of all the products so there are a few things you should consider or look at when trying to find the best wireless router for you.
The first thing you should check are the features of the router. Is it up to date? How many devices can it handle? What is the maximum speed it is capable of reaching? If you know about networking devices and are particular, chances are you would already know what features you are looking for. But for those who don’t know too much, you can ask those basic questions to the clerk for you to at least get an idea of what you’re getting into.
Another thing to consider is the compatibility of your router to your devices. While most likely all your devices will be compatible with the router, not all will be able to benefit fully from any speed boosts or special features the router may have so it’s a good idea to check with the sales clerk or read reviews online.
You need to also check out its range to ensure that it will be enough to reach the entire room you are planning it for. If not, it may just be a waste.
- Linksys WRT 1900 AC – it has a big Wi-Fi range with good speeds, and the NAS has one of the best performances
- TP-Link Archer C7 – this is under $100 but still performs well. It is good for online gaming or streaming
- D-Link DIR 880L – this has stable Wi-Fi capabilities and also with a long range.
- Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station – has the signature Apple look and is very easy to use and to set up.
- Asus RT N66U Dark Knight – this one is also under $100, reaches up to 450Mbps and has a pretty good range as well
When choosing which router to get, be sure to check out those three basic factors and any other reviews you may be able to find online to make a proper decision on which router to choose.